Do you have a product in mind and you don't see it on the web? Ask us.
What is a washer?
Washers are indispensable accessories in many pieces of equipment. These mounting These mounting elements are disc-shaped with a central hole, but may also have additional holes on the holes in the periphery and internal or external teeth, for anchoring other elements such as screws. elements such as screws.
These washers, as well as the bushings, are manufactured thanks to a die-cutting matrix of the die. This die is a basic element that has the same negative shape as the part we want to manufacture. as the part we want to manufacture.
This makes the process much faster, reproducible and precise, as well as parts with high accuracy. In addition, different materials such as adhesives or varnishes can be applied to them later, as required. varnishes, as required.
What are the uses of washers?
Normally they have different uses:
- To evenly distribute the clamping force on the surface.
- To protect the contact surfaces from scratches or damage caused by the bolt or nut during
- To distribute the clamping force evenly over the surface.
- Distribute the clamping force to areas other than the areas of the bolt or nut head (holes above the bolt or nut).
- Avoid upsetting the bolt or nut (oversize holes).
- Avoid upsetting the head of the bolt or nut.
- Reduce the risk of loosening of the bolted joint by increasing the coefficient of friction on the bolt or nut.
- Reduce the risk of loosening of the bolted joint by increasing the coefficient of friction on the bolt or nut with knurled or serrated elements.
- Secure against possible loss of tightening tension due to deformation by means of spring washers.
- To compensate for any loss of tightening tension due to deformation.
- Compensate for lack of parallelism.
- Sealing (washers made of copper, aluminium or other materials).
Clamping of cables in electrical connections, earth connections, etc.
Physical locking of the nut or bolt (washers with tab or flap).
Materials and finishes
Although washers are normally manufactured in materials such as aluminium or plastic, they can be aluminium or plastic, they can be manufactured in a wide range of materials to create different finishes.
- Carbon steel washers
- Stainless steel washers
- Copper washers
- Brass washers
- Titanium washers
- Aluminium washers
- Rubber washers
- Plastic washers
- Nylon washers
- Teflon washers
- Zinc washers
- Bakelite washers
If you need Sergar, as a professional, to advise you, contact us!